A Few great Health Advantages of Yoga
Regular practice of yoga not only benefits the digestive system; instead, it aids all the system of the body. The following article will help you understand how.
Passionate yogis around the world have helped yoga gain popularity massively in the past few years. According to statistical data, there are approx. 300 million yoga practitioners worldwide; out of which, 36 million are Americans. Moreover, the number of people above 50 years practicing yoga has tripled in the last four years. The most popular reasons among the masses to enroll for yoga are stress relief and flexibility.
You can also lower your stress levels and develop flexibility in the body by enrolling for a yoga course. If you don’t wish to enroll for a course, start practicing yoga at home. You may also go for a luxury yoga retreat in Rishikesh, Kerala, Koh Phangan, etc. The yoga exercises in a luxury retreat will help you get hold of the same. Also, the advantages of yoga aren’t only limited to stress relief and flexibility.
The following article will give you a few other notable advantages of yoga:
- Helps you combat diseases: As per a research in Norway, daily practice of yoga influences gene expression. It strengthens the immunity of the body at the cellular level and helps you combat diseases.
- Protects the heart: Yoga helps you open up the heart. It increases the heart rate which boosts endurance and allows the maximum intake of oxygen. It also reduces bad cholesterol, high blood pressure and lowers the risk of heart diseases.
- Upgrades bone health: Insufficient nutrients such as calcium, protein, potassium, phosphorus, vitamin D, etc. in the body can deteriorate bones. Practicing yoga allows absorption of nutrients; especially, calcium in the body. It also strengthens bones through weight-bearing exercise.
- Corrects the body posture: Poor body posture causes pain in the neck, back, muscles and even joints. In severe cases, it may cause degenerative arthritis and issues in the spinal cord. Twists, turns and stretches in yoga exercise releases tension from the muscles, joints and the entire body and eventually, corrects the body posture.
- Relaxes the system: Yoga practitioners have confirmed that practicing yoga not only benefits you physically but also physiologically. It improves the working mechanism of the body systems be it digestive, respiratory, urinary, circulatory and reproductive system. It relaxes the systems and removes the blockage. In fact, a luxury yoga retreat in India involves yoga poses that benefit the entire system of the body.
- Boosts your libido: In 2009, a study was conducted on a group of women. Few women in the group were asked to practice yoga. It was found that practicing yoga consistently boosted their sexual functions including desire, arousal, orgasm as well as overall satisfaction.
- Soothes your sinuses: Chanting along with yoga asanas, pranayama, and meditation soothe your sinuses. The humming sound while chanting opens up the sinuses and facilitate drainage. It involves continuing exhalation, which shifts the balance towards the parasympathetic nervous system.
- Promotes sound sleep: Increased level of stress and anxiety disturbs wiring of the nervous system which causes sleep disorders. With restorative yoga, you can calm the senses as well as the nervous system. It produces sufficient oxygen for the brain, detoxifies negativity and promotes sound sleep
- Keeps you drug-free: There are diseases that need some specific drug to keep them balanced such as diabetes, blood pressure, etc. If you are taking medicines for such diseases, practicing yoga on a regular basis will keep you drug-free. In fact, it will help you lower the sugar level and control blood pressure
To be benefited with such amazing benefits, start practicing yoga. You can also book a luxury yoga retreat in Rishikesh to experience the same; later, begin with your personal yoga practice.