7 Top Qualities a Yoga Teacher Must Strive
A yoga teacher is the one who not only teaches his students about yoga but also spreads the goodness of yoga. Therefore, it is important that a yoga teacher possesses some of the finest qualities to inspire his students as well as others. Read the blog to learn more.
If someone is new to a yoga class or may be hesitant about going to a yoga class, it is important that the first day of yoga class is welcoming and pleasing. This has nothing to do with yoga practice. How does anyone feel about their first day of teacher training or may be just a yoga session; it all depends on the yoga teacher.
A yoga teacher can make or break your interest in the yoga session. There are many yoga school in India that offer 200 hour yoga teacher training in India. The teachers in those programs are experienced and believe in improving people through. This is what makes them a great teacher. If you are planning to be a yoga teacher yourself then you must strive for the following 7 qualities:
- Teaching methodology: Having a teaching methodology will improve the quality of your sessions. It involves the content of the yoga session such as what you are going to teach and how. The content of your session should be clear and concise as lectures may dull the energy of your sessions.
- Well prepared for every yoga session: Even the experienced teachers find it difficult to teach without preparing. Therefore, what you wish to teach the students prepare for it in advance. Try to gather maximum information on the same so that you are able to answer the queries of your students.
- Coach the students as per their requirement: Although you have prepared for your yoga session, it may happen that you may have to make changes in the content. Don’t be hesitant, try to teach the class as per the requirements of their body. As a backup plan, you may focus on some of the common health issues and your students will pay attention or will enjoy it.
- Accessible to students: Being accessible or open to students is the first or foremost thing. Be always welcoming and pleasing while entering the class or during the sessions or even at the end. Making yourself accessible for students will help you improve your student’s results as well as your training sessions.
- No place for ego: Suppose it is your 200 hour yoga teacher training in India, there are much-experienced yoga practitioners around you. If ego builds up in the room, teaching can’t take place. Therefore, a yoga instructor never keeps room for ego in his personal or professional life. It induces a better teaching and learning environment.
- Modify the poses: You must keep in mind that everybody might not be able to do the pose as it is. The reason can either be less or no experience or medical issues etc. Therefore be open to modify the poses. You may use blocks, straps or any other yoga accessory for practice. If you do not have access to yoga accessories feel free to modify the pose as per the student’s body needs.
- A learner: A good teacher is always a learner irrespective of from where learning comes. In spite of just giving yoga sessions, you must also focus on your training as well. You can follow any of your specific yoga instructors; attend seminars or yoga programs, read books on the philosophy of yoga etc. for core and authentic learning.
These tips will surely help you as a teacher whether you are teaching in 200 hour yoga teacher training in India, 300 hour teacher training, 500 hour yoga teacher training or any other yoga courses in India or across the world.