5 Ways to Promote Stability in Your Life
The mundane lives we are living, is giving us a hard time not only physically but emotionally and mentally as well. People complain that they have lost concentration and have developed insomnia because the mind does not stop its chatter.
There comes a time when everyone wants to just unwind from their mundane routine and every individual has their own way for rejuvenation. Some people go for hiking and trekking while some like to have a soothing experience like a massage. But these ways to rejuvenate are short term where it can be a part of life and not life as a whole. Everyone is looking for quick fixes for everything ranging from their leaking taps to their cluttered mind. But what we need are ways with long lasting effect on us that can change our lives and bring some stability.
You need to be grounded and patient in order to be stable in your life. It brings mental ease which promotes emotional well-being. Inner stillness and stability are important to lead a healthy and happy life.
This article brings you 5 ways to promote stability in your life:
- Yoga: With everyone pouring praises on yoga and its positive outcomes, it has to be on the top of the list. There are various physical benefits of yoga like reduces blood pressure, reduces back pain, increases flexibility, improves respiration and immune system.
There are various other benefits too which range from building up your confidence, reducing stress and increasing consciousness. You learn to stop your mind’s chatter and bring a sense of peace and calmness in your lives.
“Yoga teaches you how to listen to your body.” Mariel Hemingway
- Meditation: There are many studies which suggest that meditation helps in promoting positive lifestyle by silencing the mind. By learning to meditate you become more conscious about your actions. Meditation reduces stress which is one of the common reasons people opt for it. It controls anxiety, promotes self-awareness and increases attention span. Meditation promotes positive emotional and mental well-being which in turn results in positive physical well-being.
- Detox from technology: Did you know that big technologists who have contributed immensely in technology limit their own children from using phones, television and computer? This is because they know the negative effects too much use of technology has. You should limit technology use and routinely have complete detox from technology. Detox from technology can mean that you spend quality time with friends and family, read a book, phone free vacation, walk in the park, exercises, trekking, camping and the list goes on depending on an individual’s interests.
- Give back: Get in the habit of giving back as we are always taking from the outside. Give back to your family, society and nature. Try to educate a child or sponsor one’s education, plant a seed, adopt an animal, reach out to people in need and help, volunteer in a non-governmental organization. Be grateful for your life, be compassionate towards others and appreciate the small and simple things of life.
“To move forward you have to give back.” – Oprah Winfrey
- Stop and breathe: Take a break from your mundane life and breathe. Pursue your passion, hobby or any interest or read a book with a cup of coffee or simply do nothing and relax. Sometimes doing nothing is important to reflect back at your life as you are always rushing with your routine-stricken lives. It’s important to make conscious efforts to promote stability in your life.